from "memento mori" to a phoenix rising
sickness to recovery

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

war

It's like a war, in my head.

Me vs. me.

There's the me that wants needs to lose weight again - starve and binge and purge and look so skeletal that random passerby stare.  That me is kneeling on the shower floor coughing and hacking and trying to purge.  I'm such a failure I can't seem to do that anymore.

But the other me wants to eat healthy food and exercise moderately and not worry everyone or look scary.  That's the me that seems to be stopping me from purging.  The me that stops me from cutting, most days.  Not today.

It's a constant, constant fight.

We should eat something.
Don't, we're a huge fattie.
We need it to run.
We didn't back in the fall, when we weighed 82.  Think how gorgeous we were then.  Boyfriend would never have broken up with us if we didn't get FAT FAT FAT.
Shut up, shut up!  Remember when Daddy cried?
We'll hide it better this time.  We deserve to starve.
No, we don't!  We're skinny already!
No, we're not.  We're a whale.  We were skinny when we could see our hip bones through our JEANS.  Not before.  Don't eat that.
OK.
-or some days: Shut up!  I deserve to eat.

But.

It never stops.  Win one, fail the other.  Always, always a failure for one side.  Success for the bad me, guilt for the good me.  Success for the good me, horrible, painful deathly guilt for the bad.

Anyone else feel this way?

I'm gonna draw a picture - a picture with a twist.
I'll draw it with a razor; I'll draw it on my wrist.
And if my picture's perfect, a fountain will appear
And as the fountain starts to flow, all my troubles disappear.

6 comments:

  1. Oh darling. I was so sad reading this. Ana is such an ugly bitch to face every single day. I'm going to be a hypocrite and tell you to stop. Don't ruin you life this way hun. You are beautiful already and you BMI is way perfect already! Fight that voice in your head and keep fighting it. Fight for happines, fight to be able to look in the mirror and smile, fight for true health.

    I'm here for you always. You aren't fat. You are truely beautiful. Your courage to post your fight and want for something else shows how beautiful you are. Don't let the voice win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you're feeling this way, but I definately know what you mean. Whatever side wins i'm here for you! But like Violet said, you are beautiful and you don't need to necessarily do this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you deserve to eat every day, I promise. you deserve the whole world on a silver platter! sorry I've been away darling, just couldn't bear all the food/weight crap for a while. back now :)

    Love you as ever xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW... I'm sorry hun... Did you write the poem at the end... that is way good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know your having a hard time right now, but I nominated you for the versatile blogger award:) I know you just got it, but you deserve it again! I hope every is going well<3

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds just like the voices in my head...
    keep your chin up

    xxx

    ReplyDelete