from "memento mori" to a phoenix rising
sickness to recovery

Saturday, October 8, 2011

perfection

You think I have this perfect life.

Perfect life, perfect grades, perfect friends, perfect family, perfect boyfriend, perfect perfect perfect.

You don't know that my perfect grades are slipping, my perfect friends are actually cutters and suicidal and bulimics and anorexics, my perfect family is worried sick about me, my perfect boyfriend saw the cuts on my hips the other night, the cuts that I made myself, and that I spend my every day chasing it.

Chasing perfection.

The thing about perfection?  No one's perfect.

Starvingbleedingdying to be perfect.

2 comments:

  1. This is a sad post, the sad thing about it, is it's true for lots of people. I've felt that way before. and I'm feeling that way today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Huggles*

    Perfection is the bullshit myth that is poisoning western society. The fear of NOT being perfect is why I'm an inert mess of depression.

    Look up Wabisabi. We should cherish the imperfections that create true beauty more.

    FUCK PERFECTION!

    Love you so, so much. xoxoxoxxo

    ReplyDelete