from "memento mori" to a phoenix rising
sickness to recovery

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

105 warning

105 followers.  Truly, I am honored.  And noticing that improved my day, a bit.  So thank you.

But.  A word of warning.

To anyone not yet caught up in this hell?

get. out. now.

I mean it.

You think EDs are glamorous?  Will make you skinny pretty happy?

Lies.

You try looking/feeling/being glamorous with your head down the toilet, the knife to your arm, the laxatives when they take effect.  Passing out in the halls, never having a social life cause you're terrified to eat.  Your loved ones crying.

This is not glamorous, and this WILL NOT MAKE YOU HAPPY.  I promise.

But another but:  I love you all.  And I support you in whatever you decide.

Love,
Posie

2 comments:

  1. wow.. I could not agree more! i got out and have the most wonderful life now! boys, friend, and love. not to mention I actually like my body. Thank you for posting this! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. i don't want anyone to call me a poser just because I really am overweight and I call myself "anorexic". I don't feel worthy enough to be called "pro ana" at my weight. I didn't "choose" to be ana, or decide to lose weight by starving and exercising too much. I really didn't. And I wouldn't want anyone else to get caught up into this hell. This is why I need the support of my ana buddies.

    ReplyDelete