from "memento mori" to a phoenix rising
sickness to recovery

Sunday, December 4, 2011

sometimes i wonder...

...why do I bother?  Why do I go on, day after day after day after day?
Why?

And then I remember that it's for you, and for him, and for them, and for the smile I put on a stranger's face when I say, "Hi!  I hope you're having a beautiful day."And for the feel of snow on my upturned face, and for mittens, and for holding hands, and for kisses on my nose, and my head on his chest, and his songs, and his eyes, and for waiting for Christmas, and then spring, and then summer and the feel of bare feet and cool swimming pools and then fall and the turning of time, that heals all things.And for the "I love you"s, and the "Thank you for everything"s, and for the "You're the best friend I have", and for the feeling when she doesn't swallow those pills, and when he doesn't take a knife to his wrists, for the remembrance that other people need me, like I need them.

It is for these things.
Remember this, today.

4 comments:

  1. i really like this post. Everyone need to remember that, everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, this is beautiful. Thanks for posting this.
    You're amazing.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. Like you. Thank you for your support darling, you're the best :)

    I pray we can make it. We will. xxxx

    ReplyDelete