from "memento mori" to a phoenix rising
sickness to recovery

Thursday, February 2, 2012

a bit of a rant

Things that I accomplished while in the grip of an eating disorder, including dropping to 82 pounds (BMI 14.5):
-the best XC season of my life, including current PR
-straight A's
-getting out of a bad relationship and finding the love of my life
-NOT getting psychological help from a professional or a doctor
-working my ass off to get a GPA of 5.0
-ditto for being second in my class of more than 700
-ditto again for getting accepted to 3 universities already and waiting on decisions from another 6
-hiding my disorder from the majority of my friends and family

Things that you, the wannarexic, have accomplished since getting to a BMI of 17:
-getting diagnosed
-getting a therapist
-getting a nutritionist
-getting a psychiatrist
-getting ATTENTION

Have I made my point?

1 comment:

  1. EDs are usually comorbid with some serious perfectionism and a massive drive to excel. Two things I seriously envy, since I'm usually so terrified of failing that I never try in the first place :x

    You worked really damn hard for those academic achievements, and I applaud you for them! Seriously, massive academic respect going on over here.

    Seeing this post and Lou's rant at someone asking for tips makes me think there's a Wanna stalking around. Hmm.

    I hope you're well and that those other 6 Universities decide they want you,need you, so you can pick out the one that will be the best for you.

    <3

    ReplyDelete