from "memento mori" to a phoenix rising
sickness to recovery

Thursday, July 12, 2012

clarification

Judging by the comments on my last post, some people seem to not realize that I have been "in recovery" for almost two years now.

"In recovery" is a very vague term.  I was merely postulating about how difficult it is to unite the two opposing views I hold - ED vs normal.  I was originally forced into "recovery" and have since been on/off about anorexia and wanting to recover.

I struggle a lot.  Every single goddamn day.  I have relapsed pretty severely, I have gained a ton of weight, I have binged, I have starved, I have done it all in the two years.  But honestly, "in recovery" is a silly way of saying it.  I am just me.

2 comments:

  1. Well, love, However you view it, and however others mis-view it, I wish you the best!
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm used to people being "in recovery" talking about it nonstop, like the obnoxious office+checkout staff diet club who rabbit on and fucking on about whatever diet they're currently on in the staffroom D:<

    Labelling processes seems to limit them with a start and end point, ignoring the fact that the process can take a while (like turning stone into sand) and some processes (like travelling) are more about the process itself and NOT the end point.

    Fuck, "process" isn't even a word to me any more. Just a weird sound. Process process process. Don't you hate it when that happens with a word?

    Love you <3

    ReplyDelete